Motorcycle Safety Studies
Conducted by Oxford University's Transport Studies Unit, this comprehensive review of publications on motorcycle accidents is an excellent reference.
MAIDS (Motorcycle In Depth Investigation of Motorcycle Accidents)
- Includes how much protection you need and the most injured body parts
Motorcycle Protective Clothing presentation paper
- Informative website concerning safety gear and skills while riding
- Is DOT better than SNELL?
- Which helmet "actually" protects your head more?
- What does the DOT and SNELL standard actually mean?
What does ATGATT mean?
All The Gear All The Time!!!!!
- Don't want to suit up for a quick ride to the store? Most accidents happen within 5 miles of your home.
- Neighborhoods are inherently more dangerous than the highway due to reduced sightlines, every driveway is an "intersection" situation, kids, dogs, etc...
- Jeans last about 0.5 seconds of slide time. How long will you slide when you fall?